I will be giving my first-ever bookstore reading at Books Inc, the West’s Oldest Independent Bookseller. After the reading, Joan Blades, co-founder of MomsRising.org, will be joining me to answer questions. Please come!
WHEN: Tues. 9/3 at 7pm
WHERE: Books Inc on 4th St. in Berkeley, CA
Future author-related events will be posted on my new Events page. Check back!
Early Book Buzz
Below are some of the early stories and blog posts people are sharing about Maxed Out:
- “Over the Hump” cable television interview | Veria Living | aired live August 7, 2013
(We’re tracking the video down. I hope to be able to share it with you soon.)
- “10 Things Moms Can Do to Challenge America’s Hostile Environment for Working Women” | Alternet | August 15, 2013
- “5 Questions for Katrina Alcorn” | Q&A with Brooke Warner on SheWrites Press, the independent publishing platform for women who write | August 18, 2013
- “Exclusive: Excerpt from Maxed Out: American Moms on the Brink” | Excerpt on the blog and community resource, Working Moms Against Guilt (the name says it all!) | August 23, 2013
- “Book Review and Giveaway: Maxed Out by Katrina Alcorn” | Review on MidlifeMixtape by the very funny and talented Nancy Davis Kho who talks about how we first met | August 27, 2013
- “Author of “Maxed Out” talks to us about why American moms are on the brink” This is a Q&A with the authors of the enlightening book, Why Work Sucks | August 27, 2013
- “Are You a Mom on the Brink?” Live author chat with Postmedia, Canada’s largest publisher of English-language newspapers | August 27, 2013
More book buzz on my Press page.
I’ll be on KPFA radio at
2pm on September 11. You can catch the interview live at kpfa.org, and I believe there will be opportunities to call in and join the discussion.
We have a lot of other potential stuff in the works. Stay tuned!
* * *
Update from 8/29/13
The KPFA interview is getting rescheduled for later this fall due to travel schedules.
I’ll be doing a radio interview tomorrow (Friday). “Breaking Through with Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner” airs at 10 am Pacific. We’ll be talking about Maxed Out and focusing on the issue of women in leadership. The show airs in the DC-metropolitan area on 1480AM, as well as on other stations in Michigan and Oklahoma.
Newsflash: Parade Magazine selected Maxed Out as one of their four August book picks for parents. Woo hoo!
Want a flyer? Someone asked me for a flyer about my 9/3/13 book launch event to post around her office. Would you like one, too? Here it is!